Fire Damages Home on Howell Avenue
Fort Wayne firefighters were called to a reported house fire just after the new year began. It happened at around 2:30 Tuesday morning when a call came in about a house fire on Howell Avenue, just off of Leesburg Road. When crews arrived they reported that there was no sign of a fire from the outside, but when they went inside the house, they found smoke throughout the structure. A fire was found in a wall behind the fireplace and put out. The person living in the home was able to get out before firefighters got there. No injuries were reported.