Give Blood. Get a Cookie.
Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana/Michiana and
the American Red Cross partner to help save lives.
PRESS RELEASE: Two iconic organizations are joining together to help save lives. The Girl Scouts and the American Red Cross are hosting Give Blood. Get a Cookie. blood drives in communities across Northern Indiana and select locations in Michigan.
Enjoy delicious Girl Scout cookies after donating blood at special blood drives during January. The Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana – Michiana are excited to partner with the Red Cross to help save lives through blood donation.
“The Red Cross and the Girl Scouts are two American traditions. So are Girl Scout cookies and saving lives,” said Tracy Duncan, Communications Manager for the Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross. “We hope that the donors enjoy this special treat from the Girl Scouts as we work together to ensure an adequate blood supply in the communities we serve.”
To schedule a blood donation appointment at any Give Blood. Get a Cookie. blood drive, call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.
Give Blood. Get a Cookie. blood drives:
· Friday, Jan. 11 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Fort Wayne, Indiana (Girl Scouts Council Headquarters)
· Friday, Jan. 11 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. – South Bend, Indiana (Girl Scouts Council Facility)
· Saturday, Jan. 12 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Harrison Christian School, Goshen, Indiana
· Saturday, Jan. 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Moose Lodge, Peru, Indiana
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. – First Church of God, Laporte, Indiana
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – LaGrange First United Methodist, LaGrange, Indiana
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Fairview Missionary Church, Angola, Indiana
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Evangelical UMC, Huntington, Indiana
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – First Presbyterian Church, Bluffton, Indiana
· Tuesday, Jan. 15 from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Galveston UMC, Galveston, Indiana
· Tuesday, Jan. 15 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. – First UMC, Wabash, Indiana
· Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – American Red Cross Chapter, St. Joseph, Michigan
· Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Parkview UMC, Peru, Indiana
· Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – St. Isidore Hall, Bremen, Indiana
· Thursday, Jan. 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Logansport Memorial Hospital, Logansport, Indiana
· Friday, Jan. 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Adams Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Indiana
· Thursday, Jan. 24 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Faith Lutheran Church, Churubusco, Indiana
· Saturday, Jan. 26 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. – First Church of God, Columbia City, Indiana
· Tuesday, Jan. 29 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – North Webster Church of God, North Webster, Indiana
· Thursday, Jan. 31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – United Methodist Church, Columbia City, Indiana
How to Donate Blood
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Individuals should bring their Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when they come to donate.
About the American Red Cross
The Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region serves northern and central Indiana and northwestern Ohio, and needs to collect about 500 units of blood a day to meet patient need in 60 hospitals. The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.