Woman, Boy Rescued from Apartment Fire
Created by khavens on 5/10/2013 8:14:00 AM


NEW HAVEN (WOWO): A woman and her young son are safe after an early morning fire in New Haven. Around 2:30 this morning, firefighters were sent to Cameron Court Apartments. While a fully engulfed fire was ripping through the living room.The woman hustled to a back bedroom and waited. When police arrived she dropped the toddler about 20 feet to an awaiting officer. The woman climbed down a fire ladder. The apartment suffered extensive damage. Investigators say the woman left candles burning when she went to bed. She had been trying to air out the residence after a grease fire Thursday night in that same apartment.