Suit: Man died after drinking hand sanitizer...
Created by kblakeslee on 7/12/2013 12:46:40 PM


  MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) _ A central Indiana woman is suing a nonprofit group that provides work for the disabled, alleging that her developmentally disabled son died after drinking hand sanitizer at the job.
 
  Inez Martin's lawsuit alleges that her son, Brian Martin, died at a Muncie hospital in August 2011, 44 days after he ``ingested hand sanitizer containing alcohol, causing respiratory failure.''
 
  The lawsuit names Hillcroft Services, a nonprofit that provides work opportunities to the disabled, and two other agencies. 
 
  It alleges the defendants failed to implement a ``behavioral support plan'' for Martin that addressed issues including ``polysubstance abuse,'' bulimia, agitation and theft.
 
  The Star Press reports Martin's suit seeks unspecified damages.