UPDATE: Homeland Security in Huntington Co. Flooding Update Created by rwrecker on 2/21/2014 4:48:50 PM
HUNTINGTON COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO): Around 20 people in Huntington County were evacuated from their home because of flooding. They were sheltered at a local Salvation Army. As of the last update, water levels have continued to decrease, but the large amount of ice jams will continue to cause water flow difficulties.
As of Friday, leaders with Homeland Security in Hunting County released the following flooding update:
As of 4:10 p.m., Friday afternoon, these are the following things currently happening:
· Approximately 20 to 40 households evacuated
· Gas and power has been shut off from 1515 East State street to Lindley
· Roads closed from Condit to Brawley on State street in Huntington City
· Lindley street and Swan street closed from State to Kocher
· Grayston and Jackson are closed from Superior to State
· Belleville Road is blocked just north of I-69 due to ice jams
Please avoid these areas if at all possible. We have officials continually monitoring the situation at hand. Residents who notice rising water at their homes need to report it immediately to dispatch. Also check the EMA info line and the EMA facebook updates and twitter updates.