If you’re part of a non-profit organization in the Fort Wayne, Allen County or Northeast Indiana region, WOWO wants to hear from you! Penny Pitch is a local non-profit that raises money for great community and program oriented charities in the area.
If you’d like to apply to Become the 76th Recipient just tell us about your organization and include:
- Official organization name and address
- 501c3 Status
- 1-2 page summary of your organization
- No more than a 1 page summary of how you would use the donated Penny Pitch funds. This could be a new program that you would like to start offering, a dormant or small program you would like to expand, or a program that has an overwhelming need that you’re unable to keep up with.
- Please be specific about what the funds will be used for.
- Penny Pitch DOES NOT fund religious organizations.
- Penny Pitch DOES NOT fund capital expenditures.
- Penny Pitch DOES NOT fund school or university projects.
For Help Applying for a Grant – Click Here
Application Deadline: October 11th, 2023.
Thank you for supporting WOWO Penny Pitch 2023!
Thank You to our Penny Pitch Sponsors
Since 1948, WOWO has asked people throughout Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan to contribute pennies, nickels, dimes or more to help families within the WOWO listening area.
Penny Pitch began after World War II when a simple request came to WOWO to help a young quadriplegic buy a special typewriter so he could pursue a writing career.
A request was made over the air for listeners to donate their pennies. The response was so overwhelming that more than enough was raised to help the young man.
Thus, Penny Pitch was born.
Over the next few years, momentum grew as the Tri-State area adopted Penny Pitch as their own local charitable effort. Each year, local families were chosen as the recipients of Penny Pitch.
Funds continued to grow until it became necessary to incorporate Penny Pitch into a non-profit corporation providing benefits for those who contribute large amounts.
Now, over 70 years after the first Penny Pitch began, the corporation provides grants to qualified not-for-profit organizations that serve disadvantaged people in the Fort Wayne, Allen County and Northeast Indiana region.
As the longest-running local charity benefiting area families, Penny Pitch is loved by listeners who give generously every year.