Indiana News

Gregg Drops Out of 2016 Indiana Governor’s Race

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – Democrat John Gregg has decided not to make a second run for Indiana governor following a close campaign for that office last year.
 
The former Indiana House speaker released a statement Wednesday saying he wouldn't seek the governor's office in the 2016 election.
 
Gregg says he he's attended dozens of Democratic Party events around the state this year with the intention of running again after losing last November's election to Republican Mike Pence by less than 3 percentage points.
 
Gregg says he's decided to step back from politics and focus on his family, law practice and business opportunities.

Related posts

Delphi trial moved to October

Network Indiana

Charly Butcher honored on U.S. House floor

Darrin Wright

Former Northeast Indiana Officer Sentenced to Prison After Pleading Guilty in Fort Wayne Rape Case

Macy Gray