Indiana News

Indy Police Scour Tank for Missing Baby

INDIANAPOLIS (AP): Police were preparing to drain an old underground tank in a wooded area in Indianapolis near where a 6-week-old boy went missing two days before.

City police Sgt. Kendale Adams said officers had found the spot during their search for Delano Wilson on Friday. He said police intend to use a snake camera to search the tank once it's partially drained.

Adams and Police Chief Rick Hite say investigators are examining all aspects of the baby's disappearance, including the father's account.

An Amber Alert for the child was issued Wednesday night, about eight hours after 23-year-old Willie Wilson told police his son had been taken by a man and woman who knocked him out in an alley.

Adams says the FBI is assisting with the investigation.

Related posts

Waking up to storm damage, more rain on the way

Kayla Blakeslee

Report: AEP CEO Tops Utility Pay With $36 Million Compensation

Brian Ford

NACS Superintendent encouraging mask usage in students

Darrin Wright