Indiana News

House Demolition Nears Six Months after Deadly Fire

NINEVEH, Ind. (AP) – The burned frame of a central Indiana house should soon be torn down six months after a fire there killed a woman and two of her young children.
 
House owner Ken McKee says the investigation of what caused the Nov. 22 fire in the Johnson County town of Nineveh prevented its demolition.
 
McKee tells the Daily Journal he expects it will be torn down in the coming weeks and that he won't rebuild.
 
Investigators last month blamed the fire on a child playing with a burning candle. That blaze killed 18-month-old Hailey Lynn Slusher-Abbott and 6-month-old John Slusher-Abbott, along with their mother, 27-year-old Sirena Slusher-Abbott.
 
The father, Christopher Abbott, was at work when the fire started. He has said he'd like the site to become a park.

Related posts

Woman Allegedly Drunk, Driving with 4 Kids

WOWO News

Whitko School Board pauses restructuring

Darrin Wright

Stroh man arrested in Lagrange County after vehicle chase

Heather Starr