Fox National

Iran’s Parliament Speaker Accuses US Of ‘Seeking To Start A New War’: Report

Israeli air defense system fires to intercept missiles during an Iranian attack over Tel Aviv, Israel, Saturday, June 21, 2025. (AP Photo/Leo Correa)

(FOX NEWS) — Iranian parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf claimed Wednesday that the U.S. is looking to “start a new war,” a report said.

“The enemy’s movements, both overt and clandestine, show that despite economic and political pressure, it has not abandoned its military objectives and is seeking to start a new war,” Ghalibaf said in a statement shared by Iranian media, according to The Times of Israel.

“Close monitoring of the situation in the United States reinforces the possibility that they still hope for the surrender of the Iranian nation,” he reportedly added.

President Donald Trump said Monday that the United States was holding off on a planned attack on Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing what he described as “serious negotiations” involving key Middle Eastern allies.

Related posts

Louisiana Several People Wounded After Shooting Erupts Inside Busy Louisiana Mall: Police

Fox News

Britain Burns: Riots Spread Through U.K. Cities

WOWO News

Pelosi announces House impeachment managers to prosecute case against Trump

Fox News

Leave a Comment