Verbatim advisory from the Indiana State Police…
Blizzard Conditions Anticipated in Central Indiana – Consult Local Media for Updates – Avoid Driving During Storm
Winter Storm Preparation
The first major storm of this winter season is anticipated to affect the vast majority of Indiana. Citizens are reminded to avoid traveling unless the trip is absolutely necessary.
Please keep these tips in mind:
• DO NOT call city, county or state police to check on road conditions – police agencies across the state want to keep phone lines open for emergency phone calls.
• For up-to-date weather information the best source is your favorite TV or radio station or check the National Weather Service at http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ind/
• Visit www.TrafficWise.IN.gov or dial toll-free 1-800-261-ROAD (7623) for updated Indiana travel information, including road conditions, road closures, construction information, crashes and other traffic alerts.
• If you must drive during any period of the storm a fully charged and functioning cell phone is your best friend.
• If involved in a crash and no one is injured and the involved vehicles are still drivable, move to a safe area to exchange names, vehicle and license plate information, along with driver license number and insurance agent name and phone number with the other driver.
• During severe weather conditions law enforcement will be busy responding to emergency calls and will not be able to take reports of crashes where there is only damage to property.
• Vehicles left abandoned along interstate and state road right-of-ways are subject to immediate removal during inclement weather events.
Do not drive during the winter storm