Local News

Neighbors help save man from fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO):  Thanks to fast acting neighbors, a man and his pets escaped a fire late Saturday night.

It took about 25 minutes to control the blaze on the southwest side of Fort Wayne.  Crews were called to the 900 block of Lincoln Ave. around 10:39 p.m. and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the roof.  They also discovered a room on fire on the 2nd floor of the home which they believe extended to the attic area.

The man inside the house woke up after hearing neighbors pounding on his door, alerting him of the fire.  He and his three dogs were able to escape from the home without injury.

Related posts

Fort Wayne gas prices approaching $3 per gallon

Darrin Wright

FWPD drug bust nets six arrests

Darrin Wright

Tornado Watch Re-Issued

Kayla Blakeslee

Leave a Comment