Indiana News

Pence Says He Wants to Cut Taxes `Even Further’

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – Gov. Mike Pence is telling his campaign donors that he plans on “cutting taxes even further'' during Indiana's upcoming legislative session.

The Times of Munster reports (http://bit.ly/1vYbZzs ) that Pence said in a recent email message seeking $50,000 by year's end from campaign donors that additional tax cuts and “holding the line on spending'' are needed to maintain Indiana's economic momentum.

Pence hasn't announced any tax cut proposal for the General Assembly to consider when it returns to the Statehouse on Jan. 6 to begin crafting the state's next two-year budget.

Pence told reporters Thursday that the tax cuts he was referring to in his email request for campaign donations are previously enacted reductions in the individual and corporate income tax rates set to take effect in coming years.

  ___
  Information from: The Times, http://www.thetimesonline.com

Related posts

With Mike Pence joining Trump campaign, mansion security grows

AP News

Indiana veterans affairs head resigns after grants scrutiny

Darrin Wright

50 Ball State students will cover 2016 Olympics in Rio

Saige Driver