Local News

Prosecutor Clears Four Fort Wayne Police Officers in Fatal Shooting

  FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) _ The Allen County prosecutor has said Fort Wayne police officers were justified in using deadly force against a 22-year-old who shot indiscriminately at officers and houses and refused to surrender his gun.
 
  The Journal Gazette reports the office of Prosecutor Karen Richards issued a news release Friday clearing the four officers in the shooting that killed Ryan Koontz on May 2.
 
  Police said Koontz came out of a garage, got into a vehicle and chased an officer up a neighboring driveway and then began shooting. Officers converged and shot him.
 
  The victim's mother, Judy Koontz, said previously he thought the officers tried to use the least amount of force possible.

Related posts

Reports of Election Judges Directing Votes in Allen County

Darrin Wright

Jury in Bisard Trial Reaches Verdict

Kayla Blakeslee

State’s First Diverging Diamond Receives Engineering Award

Kylie Havens