FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): As Valentine’s Day is approaching, some may be scrambling around to get a special someone – and who says your valentine can’t be a four-legged friend?
Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control is joining hundreds of shelters nationwide for a Valentine’s campaign to help you find the one.
Animal Care and Control is offering dog adoptions for $14 from noon to 5:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12, at Animal Care and Control, 3020 Hillegas Road, Fort Wayne.
Puppies that are 5 months and younger will still be $100.
Adoption fees include first distemper series vaccines, a microchip, spay/neuter surgery and a small bag of food.
If you’re not sold yet, Animal Care and Control has 10 reasons why your #RelationshipGoals should include pet adoption.
1. “Hanging with a pet will give pleasant new meaning to Netflix and chill.”
2. “Adopting a pet will help you overcome that fear of commitment.”
3. “You’ll always have someone there to kiss you good morning, even before you brush your teeth.”
4. “Walking a cat on a harness and leash is a guaranteed attention-getter.”
5. “Chances are your pet will love to snuggle as much as you do, if not more.”
6. “Your new canine companion will give you a valid reason to hang out and meet people at the dog park.”
7. “More than 63 percent of people consider pets to be members of the family (according to the AVMA). So no matter what the configuration of a family unit, pets are a perfect source of love and companionship.”
8. “A pet will help you get accustomed to 24/7 adoration and unconditional love.”
9. “An adopted pet can help you become less self-centered, as you learn to put another’s needs before your own.”
10. “If you’re looking for love, but are freaked out by forever, check with Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control about volunteering!”