Indiana News

Man Gets 90 Years for Molesting 3 Girls

PRINCETON, Ind. (AP): A southwestern Indiana man convicted last month of molesting three young girls has been sentenced to 90 years in prison.

A Gibson County judge sentenced 31-year-old Ryan Nieves on Thursday weeks after a jury convicted him on nine counts of child molestation.

The girls, ages 4, 6 and 7, testified during Nieves' trial about the molestations police said occurred between Sept. 1 and Dec. 18, 2013.

Police began investigating the case last December and the Patoka man was arrested in March.

Investigators said in an affidavit seeking the charges that Nieves' Facebook page had a December 2013 post that blamed the offenses on a social and personality disorder.

Related posts

Indiana Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.4 Percent

Kylie Havens

Fort Wayne teen pleads guilty to fatal 2017 crash

Brooklyne Beatty

Businesses can Soon Proclaim Social Missions

Darrin Wright