Indiana News

Pence Shifts Course, Says No Medicaid Waiver Filed

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ Gov. Mike Pence says the state didn’t err when asking the federal government to expand Medicaid using a state-run plan because the state has not yet filed the waiver.
 
  The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services returned Indiana’s application last month with a note that the state needed to hold public hearings before re-submitting it. The delay has placed the state’s Healthy Indiana Plan in jeopardy of shutting down if the state doesn’t win approval before a June deadline.
 
  But Pence wrote to legislative Democrats Thursday explaining the state never filed the waiver.  He said the waiver sent to U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius last month was an “advance copy.”
 
  Pence spokeswoman Christy Denault said the state will file the actual waiver next month.

Related posts

Many Hoosiers May See Their Energy Bills Go Up Soon

Network Indiana

State Examiner Wants Higher Indiana Audit Fees

Kayla Blakeslee

Central Indiana county approves livestock farm restrictions

Darrin Wright