Local News

Unattended Stove Believed to be Cause of Early Morning Fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Around 4:30 Sunday morning, fire crews responded to an apartment fire at 2115 Eden 9A. When they arrived to the scene, officials found smoke coming from the two story, multi-unit apartment building. Two occupants were home at the time of the blaze and self evacuated. Officials say the fire was contained to the kitchen area, and it took them lees than 10 minutes to bring under control. Unattended food on the stove is believed to be the cause.

Related posts

Garage Fire on St. Mary’s Avenue

Kayla Blakeslee

Fort Wayne Neighborhood Improvement Grant program now accepting applications

Darrin Wright

Fort Wayne issues sewer overflow warning

Darrin Wright