Local News

Farm Animals Killed in Mentone Fire

KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO): Several farm animals died Tuesday in an outbuilding fire in Mentone. A passerby called in the fire to 911 at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at 7998 W. Indiana 25 in Mentone.

The building that is used to store hay and animals is owned by Archie and Samantha Newsome, according to county records. Two sheep, three goats, two calves, a pig and two cats stored in the north end of the building died in the fire. Twenty chickens stored in the south side of the building survived. It took 15 minutes to put out the fire.

Fire officials say a heat lamp was the cause of the fire.

Related posts

September Is National Suicide Prevention Month

Josh Williams

Council opens door for local funding for Electric Works

Darrin Wright

Trek The Trails Begins Tuesday Night

Tom Franklin