Indiana News

Health Insurance Agent Faces State Lawsuit for Robocalling Hoosiers

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WOWO): Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller filed a lawsuit against Andrew Ross, a Nevada agent, for making over 45 robocalls or prerecorded phone messages offering affordable health insurance.

Nearly 50 consumers filed complaints earlier this year after receiving the calls between January and May. Zoeller filed the lawsuit against Ross in Marion County Superior Court on Thursday.

The Indiana Attorney General said while Indiana residents welcome lower health insurance rates, agents using robocalls to solicit Hoosiers is illegal and their sales pitches may backfire.

“With the recent rollout of the federal health care law, the number of callers soliciting discounted health insurance products will likely increase,” Zoeller said. “It’s important Hoosiers know what to look out for and don’t hand over personal information to unsolicited callers who have not been verified.”

In Indiana, most robocalls are illegal regardless of whether or not your number is registered on the Do Not Call list.

Related posts

Daylight saving time ends this weekend

Heather Starr

WOWO to present Penny Pitch 2017 check at Komets game Saturday

Brooklyne Beatty

Rokita leads multi-state lawsuit against Biden climate initative

Network Indiana