Local News

Mobile Home Fire Near Angola Caused by Heater Thawing Frozen Pipes

STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO): Fire officials say a mobile home fire in Angola, was caused by a portable heater, being used to thaw out frozen pipes.

The Angola Fire Department was called to the mobile home at Jimmerson Lake in Steuben County, Monday morning. Once on the scene, firefighters found light smoke coming from the residence owned by James Carpenter. Investigators determined that the blaze started from a space heater being used to thaw pipes.

No injuries were reported, but the fire caused about $2,000 worth of damage.

Fire officials want to remind Hoosiers that when thawing out frozen pipes, use extreme caution and keep a close eye on your operation.

Related posts

Fort Wayne Tincaps Release Schedule

WOWO News

Garage Fire on St. Mary’s Avenue

Kayla Blakeslee

UPDATED: Fort Wayne woman dies after Friday morning shooting

Brian Davis