Local News

Fort Wayne House Fire Caused by Burning Candle

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A candle that was left burning in a Fort Wayne home caused a house-fire Tuesday afternoon.

According to the Journal Gazette, the fire department was called to the 2600 block of Maumee Avenue around 4:30 p.m. after someone reported flames coming from a second-floor window.

The home sustained heavy smoke damage and no one was home at the time of the fire.

A pet bird was also safely removed from the home.

Related posts

Services For D’Arcy Begin Wednesday


Community Harvest can give more meals thanks to $90,000 grant

Saige Driver

Man Struck By Two Cars on Coliseum