Local News

Parents on meth while carbon monoxide killing son

WARSAW, Ind. (AP): A Syracuse couple have been charged with neglect and reckless homicide in connection with the fatal carbon monoxide poisoning of their 12-year-old son while they were high on methamphetamine.

Thirty-four year-old Darrick Spore and 33-year-old Candy Sue Chamness, both of Syracuse, were both being held Monday in the Kosciusko County Jail on $150,000 bonds.

Police found Skyler Spore found dead in the family's home on June 28 while two gas-powered generators were running. An autopsy determined the cause of death.

A probable cause affidavit filed with the charges on Friday says officers found that both Chamness and Spore were under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of their son's death.

Related posts

Fort Wayne UNITED offers job fairs again this year

Heather Starr

Wells Fargo on South Clinton Robbed

WOWO News

Fort Wayne Police investigating late night shooting

Brian Davis