FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A Fort Wayne hospital earned a position as one of the top hospitals in Indiana.
U.S. News and World Report considered factors including hospital volume, nurse staffing, hospital resources, reputation, patient safety and risk-adjusted mortality to come up with the ranking.
The top hospitals in Indiana are listed below.
1. IU Health Academic Health Center in Indianapolis
2. St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center in Indianapolis
3. IU Health North Hospital in Carmel
4(T). IU Health Bloomington Hospital
4(T). St. Mary’s Medical Center of Evansville
6. Deaconess Hospital in Evansville
7. IU Health West Hospital in Avon
8(T). Elkhart General Hospital
8(T). IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie
8(T). Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne
8(T). St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka