Local News

Preliminary Autopsy Finds ‘No Significant Contributory Injuries’ In Death After Tim Hortons Fight

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) — Preliminary autopsy findings released by the Allen County Coroner’s Office indicate there were “no significant contributory injuries” in the death of a 75-year-old woman involved in a violent altercation at a Fort Wayne Tim Hortons earlier this month.

According to Coroner Dr. E. Jon Brandenberger, Anita Ann Grayson died after a verbal and physical confrontation at the Tim Hortons located in the 3900 block of Ice Way on May 13th.

Emergency responders were called to the restaurant after reports of a disturbance involving Grayson and employees inside the business. Grayson was transported by Three Rivers Ambulance Authority to a local hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.

The coroner’s office confirmed that an autopsy has been completed. However, Grayson’s official cause and manner of death remain pending while additional investigative and medical findings are reviewed.

“The preliminary autopsy findings noted ‘No Significant Contributory Injuries,’” the coroner’s office stated in a press release issued Tuesday.

Fort Wayne Police previously released details alleging the incident began when Grayson entered the restaurant to complain about a drive-thru order and became involved in a confrontation with staff members.

Investigators said a 20-year-old shift lead attempted to shield a 17-year-old employee from Grayson during the dispute. Police allege the confrontation escalated when Grayson shoved and struck the shift lead, leading to a physical fight between the two women.

During the altercation, police said the shift lead suffered scratches to her face and lost a chunk of hair after being pulled to the ground by her hair. Other employees eventually intervened and separated the women.

After the fight ended, police said Grayson sat at a table inside the restaurant before later lying down on the floor. Employees reportedly checked on her and provided water before officers arrived and found her unresponsive.

The incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department, the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.

Related posts

Sports Bar Expanding to Fort Wayne

Dean Jackson

New Haven Streets Closed for Car Show

Tom Franklin

Border wall project could siphon millions from Indiana military projects

Darrin Wright

Leave a Comment