GRANT COUNTY, Ind. (WOWO) – The Grant County Traffic Safety Partnership issued 109 citations and made 11 arrests during the national enforcement blitz Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.
Nationwide, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher, and law enforcement recommends these safe alternatives to impaired driving:
- Designate, or be, a sober driver.
- Use public transportation.
- Call a cab or a ride-sharing service.
- Celebrate at home or a place where you can stay until sober.
If you spot an impaired driver out on the road, turn off the road and call 911. Signs of impaired driving include:
- Weaving, swerving, drifting, or straddling the center lane.
- Driving at a very slow speed.
- Braking erratically.
- Making wide turns.
- Stopping without cause.
- Responding slowly to traffic signals.
- Driving after dark with headlights turned off.
- Almost striking an object or vehicle.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Turning abruptly or illegally.