Local News

Hospitals lift visitor restrictions

Photo Supplied - Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): The visitor restrictions at Allen County hospitals in place since January due to this year’s flu season have been lifted.

The Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health announced the news Thursday.

Hospitals had been limiting visitors to two per patient at a time and only visitors 18 and older.

“We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while these temporary restrictions were in place,” says Dr. Deborah McMahan, Allen County Health Commissioner. “While it was a sacrifice for both patients and hospital staff, we believe these efforts helped to reduce transmission of respiratory illnesses during a period of heightened flu activity.”

However, the department says seasonal flu activity is expected to continue for the next couple of weeks.

23 people in Allen County died from the flu this flu season.

Related posts

Fish for free on Saturday, April 21

Brooklyne Beatty

Holcomb adds 5 more counties to disaster areas from flooding

Darrin Wright

Hartford City Man Injured in Grant County Crash

Kayla Blakeslee

Leave a Comment