Local News

LaOtto Home Catches Fire After Being Struck By Lightning

LAOTTO, Ind. (21 ALIVE): A home catches fire after being struck by lightning early Saturday morning.

A LaOttoa family wakes up to the smell of fire after lightning strikes their home.

Fire officials say the lightning struck a gas line under ground and sparked the blaze. Firefighters had trouble even finding the fire as it had sparked in the heat ducts and between the floors.

Landon says the smoke detectors didn't go off right away, “They didn't kick on until it really started taking off in the kitchen, which was probably 20 minutes after we started noticing everything and started attacking it,” he said.

The LaOtto Fire Department was assisted by the Kendallville, Churubusco, Huntertown, and Washington Township Fire Departments.

Related posts

Who do YOU want to hear on WOWO?

Brooklyne Beatty

Ten Fort Wayne non-profits awarded Community Development Block Grants

Brooklyne Beatty

FWACC suspending adolescent cat and kitten adoptions and intake due to panleukopenia outbreak