Local News

Dog helps Angola family escape house fire

ANGOLA, Ind. (WOWO): An Angola family’s dog helped them escape a house fire this morning.

The Angola Fire Department says they were called to 660 East 20 North road at about 2:50 this morning to find the entire house filled with smoke. Apparently the fire started in a wood-burning stove in the home’s attic.

A woman, four children and two dogs were able to get out safely when one of the dogs started barking, which woke up the family and alerted them to the fire. Nobody was hurt.

It took crews about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

Related posts

Power Restored To Approximately 90% of Those Affected By Continued Thunderstorms

Michael McIntyre

Indiana school grading to become complicated with additional grades

Darrin Wright

Huntertown to Hold New Hearing on Sewer Rates

WOWO News

Leave a Comment