National News

E. coli outbreak at Chipotle declared over by CDC

(Source: http://bit.ly/1PMSdvL License: http://bit.ly/1PpGKT1)

WASHINGTON (AP): The federal agency that monitors public health says the outbreak of E. coli illness linked to Chipotle restaurants that sickened 60 people appears to be over.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday the most recent illness reported to the agency started on Dec. 1.

The source is still unknown, however.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. undertook an aggressive revamping of food preparation methods at its more than 1,900 locations. But the outbreak drove the company’s stock down by 26 percent over the past three months and it warned of a potentially sizeable hit to profits last month.

Shares are rebounding sharply in midday trading.

Related posts

Banks introduces “Freedom of Conscience” bill

Darrin Wright

Study says e-cigarette poisonings surge in young children

AP News

Biden Signs Executive Order On Monday

Network Indiana

Leave a Comment