Local News

Fort Wayne House Fire Caused by Man Working on Vehicle

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): A man is lucky to be alive after he accidentally caused his garage to go up into flames in northeast Fort Wayne.

According to the Fort Wayne Fire Department, the unidentified man was working on his vehicle at about 1:30 Saturday afternoon in his garage on the 7000 block of Elmbrook Drive near the Maplecrest and Stellhorn intersection. 

He had pulled the fuel tank from his vehicle and was dragging it on the ground. This caused the gas to ignite and he suffered serious burns. He was taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Fire crews got the fire mostly contained to the garage in about 30 minutes. No other injuries were reported.

Related posts

Two escape Fort Wayne house fire safely

Darrin Wright

Kosciusko County Man Arrested in Violent Home Invasion

Kayla Blakeslee

UPDATE: Father Charged with Abusing Infant Son has Initial Hearing

Dean Jackson