Indiana News

Indiana Education Split Plays Out in No Child Request

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ A new critique is raising questions of whether Indiana will maintain its waiver from the federal No Child Left Behind Act.
 
The memo from the Center for Education and Career Innovation raises concerns with the waiver submission by Democratic Schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz. CECI (SEE'-see) executive director Claire Fiddian-Green said the Ritz team made key changes in the waiver without consulting the State Board of Education.
 
Federal officials will decide whether Indiana keeps its waiver. An answer could come by Thursday.
 
Education analyst Anne Hyslop with the New America Foundation says the critique is more evidence of the “dysfunction'' that U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan expressed frustration with earlier this year.
 
Still, Hyslop said federal officials are more interested in seeing states maintain their waivers. 

Related posts

A Community Group in South Bend Aims to Build a Greenhouse…

Kayla Blakeslee

4th Allen County resident dies from COVID-19

WOWO News

Peyton Manning’s Colts jersey to be retired, statue to be built

Tom Franklin