Local News

Trailer fire sends four people to hospital

Photo supplied/City of Fort Wayne

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO) – A fire that sent four people to the hospital Saturday night may have been caused by a gas explosion.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to the 6800 block of Winford Shoals in northwest Fort Wayne, near Cook Road and Huguenard Road, just before midnight. On arrival, they located a fully engulfed trailer.

All four occupants were taken to the hospital with minor to moderate injuries. One family dog died as a result of the fire.

While the fire is still under investigation, investigators are closely looking at a recently installed gas dryer.

Related posts

Allen County residents can now sign-up for County Dust Control Program

Brooklyne Beatty

Sell Your Unwanted Halloween Candy for Cash

Kayla Blakeslee

Greater Fort Wayne: GE campus sale could have billion-dollar impact

Darrin Wright

Leave a Comment