Local News

UPDATE: Fort Wayne Officer Involved In Fatal Shooting

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO):  A man who answered the door with a gun was shot and killed by Fort Wayne police over the weekend.

Police have since identified the man as 46-year-old Anthony Hodge, according to the Journal Gazette.

Around 9:46 p.m. Saturday night, officers responded to a disturbance call at Hodge's home on St. Marys Ave., just north of W. State Blvd.  When they arrived, they were notified that Hodge left the home and went to another residence.

When police went to the new location, Hodge answered the door with a gun. A neighbor told the Journal Gazette she heard police ask Hodge to put down the gun at least three times.

After he refused to drop the gun, police opened fire. Medics arrived and Hodge was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police haven't said whether anyone else was in the home at the time of the shooting.

Hodge is the 13th homicide ruling by the Allen County Coroner so far this year.

Related posts

No Charges Will be Filed in April 2014 Death

Kayla Blakeslee

Senator’s to Reintroduce Legislation to Audit the Federal Reserve

Macy Gray

Indiana Targets Fraudulent CDLs

Brian Ford